Great Reasons To “Go Green”
People today are more aware of the situation of our environment, we have become eco-friendly. Our environment gives us everything we need. Our natural resources provide us with food and water supply, these resources are also used as materials to make our shelter and infrastructure. Nature has given us all we need, but we are not giving back to nature in return. We destroy ecosystems, cause the extinction of species as our cities industrialize and our civilizations rise. These actions have plundered our environment and natural resources over the limit. Now we are suffering the consequences of our actions towards the environment.
The government and environmental organizations have been making simple steps to make people aware of “Go Green”. Their goal is to widely spread the awareness of going green, “Go Green” means to reduce pollution and conserve energy. By doing this, people are more inclined to help and take care of our environment by simply doing these that greatly help our environment and its restoration.
To “Go Green” is a widely used term that means steps to conserve energy, reducing pollution, and to save costs. These three steps greatly affect our environment. By conserving energy we are eliminating the risk of power shortages and the disadvantages of energy consumption. As of now, we are using fossil fuel and coal to power our infrastructures. The use of these energy sources is detrimental to our environment since they emit hazardous chemicals and greenhouse gases. Going green is essential to stop further use of these hazards and preventing further damage to our environment.
Reasons To “Go Green”
There are a lot of positive reasons why we should opt to go green. A significant reason is the care and restoration of our environment. But that is not the only positive reason why we should be going green as soon as possible.
Here are reasons to “Go Green”
- Energy Saving – Going green reduces energy consumption, promotes energy renewal and the use of natural energy.
- Green Homes – Green homes are cost-saving, energy-saving and these homes are more durable.
- Health – Having a clean and green environment has a good effect on us physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Eco-Friendly – Going green takes care of nature and the environment. Using natural energy actually saves natural resources and it does not emit hazardous chemicals and gases.
- Reduce Greenhouse Gases – The reduction of greenhouse gases will prevent further growth of global warming.
Benefits We Can Get
As society begins to go green, we will eventually reap more benefits in time. Our environment has suffered way too much damage. The help we are giving by going green will improve the status of our environment and restore its previous state.
Here are the benefits of “Going Green”
- Future Generations – Going green leaves a better and habitable planet for future generations to come.
- Clean Environment – A clean and green environment for ourselves especially to children, promotes a better standard of living for everyone.
- Cost saving – The use of natural energy saves money for other needs.
- Productivity – A clean and green environment greatly improves our productivity.
- Health – The use of natural and organic products reduces health risks, especially from processed and inorganic foods.
To “Go Green” is a trend in today’s society as people have been more aware of the situation of our environment. We have done great damage to our environment. Thus, we have to give back something in return for us to restore and replenish what we have lost. Going green is a great way to take care of our environment. The use of natural energy reduces the risk of further environmental destruction. Especially to remaining ecosystems and natural habitats. The reduction of pollution, promotes a cleaner environment and a better planet for every living being, from humans to animals and plants.
There are a lot of good reasons why we should opt to go green, as we take care of our environment and natural resources. We will eventually reap the benefits of our actions. As nature gives us everything we need, we should also give back and take care of it.