Green Construction: Building With Less Harmful Effects
Green building eco-friendly and caring for the environment is today’s common trend for people. In which, Architecture and Engineering have become more advanced, science and technology have developed new ways on how to create infrastructures. That can recycle waste, conserve energy, reduce pollution and efficiently use water resources.
These infrastructures have a label of green buildings. Which they are built with organic, natural and recycled materials, solar panels or plants as roofs. In order to, reduce the energy consumption of the building itself. Building green has different benefits such as low costs in building and operating, water and energy conservation.
A Similar To Living Green Wall
Green walls are walls with plants, vines, and greenery that extend over to it. These walls are combined with soil and water delivery systems to ensure the growth of plants. In addition, one of the first green walls or green building is the hanging gardens of Babylon.
This is where the idea of the green building came from, green walls were the concept of it. These infrastructures support water and energy conservation. Also, these are Eco-friendly and helpful to the environment, as they provide life and growth. Green walls and green buildings are resource-efficient since they do not need costly concretes or steel foundation and walls. In short, these creations are good for the economy as well.
Impact of Green Building
As we all know, going natural and organic is the new way to live healthily. People are more concern about their health and the environment. Building green infrastructures help in both people’s lives and taking care of the environment.
For people, building green improves water and air pollution. Creating a clean environment that greatly improves our health and makes us comfortable. As for green workplaces, offices that go green has a serene and relaxing environment which relaxes, eases and remove tension of a person working inside the premises.
For the environment, obvious results are recycling of materials, energy and water conservation. Reduction of use of coal and other hazardous materials decreases the damages of the environment as well. Green building battle global warming and climate change. Conserving natural resources and improving life quality. Overall, Green buildings have a good effect on the environment, society, and economy.
Advantages of Green Building
Green buildings have greatly improved our standard of living, building green is a revolutionary way to take care of our environment while steadily growing as a society.
Here are the advantages of building green:
- Energy Saving – The use of solar panels makes it energy efficient, the building is cool and comfortable due to plants without the use of air-conditioned appliances.
- Reduce Pollution – Green buildings promote recycling, energy renewal, thus reducing air and water pollution.
- Health Benefits – Being in a great and clean environment generally makes us physically, mentally and emotionally healthy.
- Utilizes Recycling – Green buildings are 90% made from materials such as steel, wood, and even organic waste or trash that are recycled and can be used.
- Saves Resources – Made with organic materials and plants these infrastructures are ventilated. Making them cool and comfortable while using water management, solar panels. Green buildings are energy efficient and save resources.
Components Needed in Sustaining a Green Building
Green buildings are cost efficient, it utilizes the use of recycled materials making it an economical and environmentally friendly infrastructure. This also makes green buildings, diverse depending on the location and budget.
Here are the components of the building:
- Materials – Made from natural, organic and renewable materials. Obtained locally to reduce costs and expenses.
- Energy Systems – Solar panels and energy efficient windows reduce electricity costs and conserve energy.
- Water Management – Green buildings installed with a rainwater harvesting system which recycles and utilizes rainwater for future use.
- Health Components – The use of recycled and non-toxic materials, improve air quality, reducing health risks such as asthma, coughs, and colds. A green and clean environment generally makes us physically, mentally and emotionally healthy.
Society has become advanced and we have access to make buildings with recycled and non-toxic materials. Therefore, green buildings are a revolutionary creation, as these buildings are Eco-friendly, cost-efficient and utilize the use of recycled materials. This opens up to better use of our natural resources, as green buildings use natural and safe energy.
Creation of additional green buildings will raise our standard of living while taking care of the environment.