Today, when it comes to the interiors of any house, people mostly prefer LED lighting. This technology has taken the place of traditional lightning and gained a lot of popularity among people. LED lighting has more advantages than compared to previous technology. Here, we will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of LED grow lights.
However, it is important to note that the advantages of LED lighting overtakes its disadvantages.
The Advantages of LED Lights
- You can continue using this light for the whole day with very less impact on the temperature.
- LED grow lights last longer as compared to the traditional lights. They have a lifespan of more than 50,000 hours.
- The traditional lighting technology produces a lot of heat thus reducing their lifespans.
- These lights are way more efficient than old lighting systems. They consume 50% less energy and provide the same quality of light. This also saves money as there is no need to spend a lot on electricity bills.
- Moreover, the heat emission is also relatively less. Unlike the HID lighting technology that emits a lot of the heat which results in the rise temperatures which is more than 400 degrees.
- These lights are 100% recyclable which was not the case of HID lights. LED Grow lights do not contain harmful substances like mercury.
Consider using this LED Indoor Garden Plant Lamp. It is a very powerful light and works really well for any type of plant growth. It’s recommended that during the growing stage of any plant, you can use this light as it is believed to promote the growth of the plant.
Gone are the days when you had to worry about the electricity bill as this is an energy-saving light. Moreover, it also contributes to reducing the waiting time for plants by allowing plants to have a light environment even during the night. This light is designed to last for more than 50,000 hours.
The Disadvantages of LED Lights
- The light provided by the LED grow lights is directional which means the area they provide light is usually smaller than the area covered by traditional lighting technology. However, the newer ones have found a solution to this problem.
- Another disadvantage of the LED grows lights is the cost. If you go to a shop to buy a good-quality LED light, it will cost you more than any other HID light. However, cheaper lights are also available in the market but they are not very reliable.
- The LED lights might even tend to change their colors as they become older. However, they have a longer lifespan than the traditional lights yet they may not be able to consistently produce the same quality of light.
- This problem especially appears in the cheaper LED lights. Thus, you are always advised not to compromise with the quality of the lights even though it costs you more.
Hope this article helps you to understand the advantages as well as disadvantages of using LED Grow Lights.